(Make sure you scroll down to see all of the latest scholarship information)
(See the latest Newsletter for scholarship information as well)
When you are searching for scholarships think of these 6 things to help you!
Look for Scholarships Where You…
GO TO SCHOOL – Visit the School Counseling Department, the school’s website and newsletter for scholarships.
WORK – Most companies have scholarships for their employers or children of their employers. For an example, Wal-Mart, Target and McDonalds all have scholarships. Call the Human Resources office of where you or your parents work and ask.
PLAY/HAVE FUN– Search to see if there are any scholarships out there for things you like to do. For an example, if you play a sport, like to build things, like to paint or draw or ride horses you may have some luck finding a scholarship.
WORSHIP – Check your place of worship for scholarships and also search for scholarships that represent your choice of worship.
BANK– Talk to a representative at your or your parents’ bank. Ask the banker about scholarships for account holders.
COME FROM– Search for scholarships that represent who you are and where you come from. For an example, if you are a twin or if you are of Irish descent, use search engines to locate scholarships.
ALWAYS REMEMBER…YOU SHOULD NEVER PAY MONEY IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP. IF A SCHOLARSHIP ASK FOR MONEY, IT IS A SCAM.
Germanna Community College Scholarships:
Scholarship consideration is available to students who are accepted to Germanna Community College, demonstrate a desire to succeed, have demonstrated a clear commitment to personal and academic advancement and who most closely match the criteria for a specific scholarship.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is Friday, June 14, 2013 for Germanna students who wish to receive a scholarship award for the fall semester of 2013 and spring semester of 2014. Scholarship awards are made for an entire academic year. No awards are made mid-year or between semesters. Recipients must be full-time or part-time students who make tuition and fee payments directly to the College, and are enrolled in classes at Germanna Community College during the 2013-2014 academic year. Scholarship awards may be made on a “rolling” basis, allowing those who apply early to be given the greatest opportunity to receive a scholarship award.
Applicants will be considered automatically for ALL scholarships administered by the Germanna Community College Educational Foundation. Incomplete and partially completed applications will not be considered for a scholarship award. If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation Office at (540) 423-9060 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital One’s 9th Annual Future Leaders Forum for Young Women
Scholarship Databases (Click on link below):
• Fast Web.com : A searchable database of millions of scholarships worth billions of dollars.
• FinAid.org : This award-winning site includes a comprehensive database of scholarships, student financial aid information, advice and tools.
• Scholarships.com : Browse through 2.7 million free scholarships and grants worth more than $19 billion.
• The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
• Verizon Wireless Black History Month Essay Contest (Northeast Area)
• The Community Foundation
Other College, Financial Aid, & Scholarship Databases (Click on link below):
• BrokeScholar: This site offers access to a database of more than 650,000 scholarships worth $2.5 billion.
• CareerInfoNet: Search more than 5,000 scholarships, fellowships, loans, and other financial aid opportunities.
• CareersandColleges: Search more than 1.8 million scholarships worth $7 billion.
• College Answer: An award database that contains more than 2.9 million scholarships worth more than $16 billion, and is expanded and updated daily.
• College Connection Scholarships: A monthly listing of free scholarship information.
• CollegeBoard Scholarship Search: A database of more than 2,300 sources of college funding, totaling nearly $3 billion in available aid.
• CollegeData: Use the Scholarship Finder search engine to search 500,000 awards worth more than $2.3 billion.
• CollegeNet/Mach 25: This site offers a database of $1.6 billion in scholarships.
• CollegeToolKit: Search scholarships by geography, heritage, religion, family affiliation or extracurriculars.
• eCampusTours: A scholarship search that contains a database of more than 10,000 scholarship programs that distribute awards worth more than $36 million.
• FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
• Financial Aid Officer: A scholarship database listing scholarships worth $1.45 billion. • FindTuition: A listing of more than $7 billion in scholarships and grants. FreeScholarshipGuide: A comprehensive guide to more than 4,000 scholarships worth more than $10 million.
• ImmediateScholarships: In 30 seconds, this site matches students to scholarships ranging from $500 to $50,000.
• Nelnet College Planning: This tool offers more than 1.7 million awards totaling nearly $8 billion. • NextStudent: This tool allows you to search an online database of more than 69,000 college funding sources comprised of more than 5.9 million individually awarded scholarships valued at more than $16 billion.
• Scholarship Experts: Search 2.4 million scholarships worth more than $14 billion.
• ScholarshipMonkey: Allows individuals to match their profile and access information to more than 1 million undergraduate, graduate and professional scholarship awards worth in excess of $3 billion from greater than 4,000 sources.
• ScholarSite: Search detailed and up-to-date information on approximately 600,000 financial aid opportunities.
• StudentAidontheWeb: This site, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, offers an online scholarship search.
• Zinch.com: This site will match you to $1.9 billion in scholarships and financial aid